Tuesday, May 10, 2005

visors

d. has a visor now--although i haven't seen it yet. i really don't get visors instead of a hat. if it's really sunny and hot the sun beats down on the top of your head and it feels terrible---and therein
lies the benefit of a hat---ahhhhh the relief.
i must admit though i did have a visor when i was in college--it was one of those transparent green eyeshade-visors that old-time telegraph operators used to wear. it was great for shading your eyes from the glare of a desklamp.

3 comments:

dl004d said...

The point of a visor is to keep the sun out of your eyes. I'm not concerned about the top of my head being hot on my walk to work, which is when I'm wearing my visor.

As I have said, if I could get my hands on an Urban Sombrero -- which combines the spirit of old Mexico with a little big city panache -- I'd use that for my commute.

Anonymous said...

doesn't the visor give you hat-head (or visor-head) too, though?

dl004d said...

Not really. Since it doesn't mush down your whole head, the displaced hair has room to go, rather than just being smushed somewhere else. (Then again, today was cloudy so I didn't need it; I'm basing my praise for visors on a single day of wear.)